Yield: 6 - 8 servings
- 1 medium eggplant, skinned and sliced lengthwise
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices, lengthwise
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 1 large onion, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rings
- 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced lengthwise
- 1 head radicchio rosso, cleaned and sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons basalmic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- Course salt and fresh ground pepper
In a bowl, cover eggplant with water and lemon juice to avoid turning brown. Set aside. In a blender, combine garlic, basil, balsamic vinegar and Marsala for a dressing. Oil the grill and lay vegetables side by side. On medium-high heat, grill vegetables until tender, basting every few minutes with the dressing.
When done, arrange the vegetables on a large wide platter and season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh basil.