Preparation time: 15 minutes, Cooking time: 10-15 minutes, Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons black olives, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 halibut fillets, about 4-5 ounces each
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Season halibut with salt and pepper. Place flour in a small bowl. In another bowl, place lightly beaten eggs. In a third bowl place breadcrumbs and almonds. Dredge fish with flour, dip in eggs, then in breadcrumbs and almonds. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Melt butter and fry halibut until golden brown. Transfer to a cookie sheet and finish in oven if necessary.
In a large sauté pan on medium high, heat oil. Add garlic, anchovy paste, and red pepper flakes and sauté briefly. Add tomato paste and cook for a couple of minutes to get rid of the raw tomato flavor. Reduce heat to low, add white wine and reduce mixture by half. Add capers, tomatoes, and olives. Reduce slightly. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Sprinkle parsley in right before serving.