Cooking time: 25 minutes, Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pounds fresh organic fava beans, shelled (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound thin organic asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound medium shrimp (about 30), shelled and deveined
- 4 cups of mixed green salad
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh organic basil leaves
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon organic plain yogurt
In a small bowl whisk together yogurt, mustard and basil. Add oil in a stream, whisking until emulsified, and season with salt and pepper.
Have ready a large bowl of ice and cold water. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook favas until crisp-tender, about 2 1/2 minutes, and transfer to ice water to stop cooking. Drain favas in a colander and gently peel away outer skins. Transfer favas to a large serving bowl.
Have ready another large bowl of ice and cold water. Return water in pan to a boil and cook asparagus until crisp-tender, about 3 1/2 minutes. Transfer asparagus to ice water to stop cooking. Drain asparagus in colander and pat dry with paper towels.
Return water in pan to a boil and cook shrimp until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp with slotted spoon to paper towels to cool.
In bowl with favas, toss together 1/3 cup dressing, asparagus, shrimp, mixed greens and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle salad with some of the remaining dressing.